Pizza doesn’t have to be all bad… which is why we LOVE homemade pizza! The best thing about it is you can make it whatever you would like. This Lyra & Jane creation is one of our favorites. Lemon white pizza with Brussels sprouts and pancetta on whole wheat crust.
Lemon Ricotta Pizza with Brussels Sprouts and Pancetta
Dough Ingredients (makes 2-3 pizzas)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour can you whole wheat
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 8 oz ricotta cheese part-skim
- 10 oz Brussels sprouts shaved or quartered
- 4 oz pancetta
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¾ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In the mixer bowl, combine 2 cups of lukewarm water with 1 packet of active yeast and let the yeast dissolve in the water for about 8 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 teaspoon of salt to 5 cups of flour. Add half of the flour mixture to the bowl of yeast and mix. Slowly add the remaining four until dough forms and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Coat a bowl with olive oil and transfer dough to bowl. Loosely cover and place in refrigerator for dough to rise. At least 2 hours.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and allow it to reach room temperature. I would set it on the counter 30 minutes before you are ready to bake. The dough makes 2 large pizzas or 3 small pizzas. so you will have extra dough (we usually make a pepperoni pizza with the remaining dough!
- Preheat oven to 475°
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pancetta. When pancetta is almost done, add Brussels sprouts and continue to cook. Cook until Brussels sprouts start to wilt and turn bright green, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine ricotta, grated parmesan cheese, lemon juice and 1 tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the dough into 2 or 3 balls. You only need 1 of the ball for this recipe. Roll out the pizza dough. I find it easiest if you put flour on your work space and use a rolling pin! Work the dough and roll it out to fit your pan.
- Sprinkle a little flower on you cooking sheet and transfer the rolled out dough to the cookie sheet– fixing any areas that may have shifted during the transfer.
- Bake dough in oven for about 8 minutes. Just enough time for the dough to begin to cook, but not fully cook.
- Remove from oven and lightly brush the dough with olive oil.
- Spread ricotta mixture to the dough, leaving about 1" around the edges for the crust.
- Evenly top with the Brussels sprout pancetta mixture and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and top with lemon zest. Cut into slices and serve!