Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- ¾ cup carrots diced
- 15 oz can of corn
- 9 oz shelled edamame
- 3 scallions chopped separating white ends from the green
- 1 tbsp + 3 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- ⅛ cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- cooked chicken or protein
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat.
- While oil is heating, in a bowl beat eggs with 1 tbsp of sesame oil and set aside
- Once oil is heated, add cauliflower, diced carrots, white part of the scallions and corn. Stir in 1/8 cup of teriyaki sauce, season with salt & pepper and cook for about 6-8minutes.
- Stir in edamame and add 1/4 cup of low-sodium soy sauce and 3 tbsp of sesame oil. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Create a well in the middle of the pan. Slowly pour eggs into the well and let it cook for about 30-60 seconds. Using a wooden spoon (or whatever you have handy that won't scratch the pan) start to scrape the bottom of the pan where the eggs are (like you're scrambling eggs). Some of the of the cauliflower mixture will combine with the eggs, that's okay just keep scraping until eggs are cooked and stir into "rice"" mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste! Feel free to add more sauce that this point if it doesn't have to flavor you are looking for, just be mindful of the sodium!
- Top with scallions and cooked chicken (if you want). I cooked my chicken with a little sesame oil before starting the "rice". also, I think sesame seed would go great on top, but I didn't have any on hand.