Happy Thursday, friends! As most of you know, I am in my third trimester expecting our first child! I don’t usually share too many personal details on the blog, but you can see our announcement post here. Although I honestly do feel great– “great” being relative to growing a human inside your body– I still get tired quicker than usual and my back hurts, especially when I have to lean over the sink to do a lot of dishes. Enter sheet pan dinners to save the day, and my back!! I honestly don’t know why I haven’t done more recipes like this, especially during this seasoning of wanting quick and easy prep and clean-up.
This recipe is so simple, quick, requires minimal prep and an easy clean-up. Thank you aluminum foil!! I opted to go with chicken sausage for a leaner protein, but you can use pork sausage if desired. Also, be careful of the sugar content in your BBQ sauce– its a sneaky one! Can’t wait for you to try this one! Take a look…
Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage Dinner
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb small white potatoes quarated
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 12 oz chicken sausage sliced into coins
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 head of broccoli trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes (~10-12 tomatoes) havled
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° and wash all fresh produce.
- Line 2 baking sheets (1 large and 1 medium) with aluminum foil, and lightly spray with cooking spray
- Add potatoes to the large sheet pan with 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper and 1 tsp garlic powder. Toss to coat the potatoes and spread in an even layer on pan
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes
- While potatoes are baking, slice the chicken sausage, and toss with barbecue sauce in a bowl. Pour bbq chicken sausage onto the medium sheet pan and spread in even layer. Set aside for now.
- Remove potatoes from oven, and add the broccoli & tomatoes to the same sheet pan as the potatoes. Season broccoli & tomatoes with 1 tbsp evoo, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder. Toss to coat with potatoes and seasoning and spread in even layer on pan.
- Place BOTH sheet pans in the oven and bake for about 15 more minutes, or until meat is hot and broccoli is tender. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired, and serve immediately.