Quinoa Fried Rice
healthy spin on fried rice
- 1½ cup uncooked quinoa white
- 3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp butter
- 3 eggs whisked
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup edamame no hulls, just beans
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 5 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups grilled chicken chopped
- chopped green onions as topping
- Add quinoa and chicken broth to a pot over medium high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduced heat to low, cover and let cook for about 15 minutes. Then remove from heat, fluff with fork and set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tsp of butter on medium-heat, coating the pan with the butter as it melts.
- Whisk the eggs with salt & pepper and pour into skillet.
- Using a rubber spatula, constantly scrap the bottom of the pan while the eggs cook to prevent them from sticking to the bottom. Do this for about 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wipe out pan from eggs (or use a new pan) and heat 1 tsp of butter on medium-high heat, coating the pan as the butter melts.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for about a minute. Then add carrots, peas, corn, edamame, 4 tbsp of coconut aminos and the sesame oil. Mix well to combine all the veggies and cover for about 2 minutes. Remove cover and continue to saute for another 5 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Remove from heat and add in cooked quinoa, scrambled eggs and the remaining tbsp of coconut aminos. Stir until well combined.
- Top with grilled chicken and green onions