Happy Monday!! I made this dish last week and it will definitely be on repeat. I am going to keep this short and sweet because the baby is about to wake up from her nap and I have been trying to get this recipe posted for dayyyssss. I wasn’t quite sure how this was going to turn out because I was playing around with portioning out the flavoring, but it was delicious!! I did rely on my mom hack and used the frozen cubes of minced garlic, ginger and basil– THEY SAVE SO MUCH TIME!! If you follow me on instagram you know I recently found them at another grocery store other than trader joe’s, so look in the freezer section at your local store. Those little cubes are life changing in the kitchen!! I also tried to be very mindful of the sodium added to this dish. Asian inspired recipes can come with a lot of sodium, which is usually why they are so addicting. But this recipe is seriously delicious without all the excessive salt. Take a look…
Turkey Cashew Stir Fry
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/4 red bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 orange bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 8 oz snow peas
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp coconut aminos (2 tsp + 2 tsp)
- 3 tbsp cashew pieces
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh basil minced
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- cooking spray
- salt & pepper
- fresh basil, sesame seeds optional toppings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees & line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
- Place all the bell peppers, snow peas, and onion on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tsp of sesame oil and 2 tsp coconut aminos and lightly season with salt & pepper.
- Using your hands, mix the veggies until coated and spread into an even layer on the baking sheet. Place in oven for about 10 minutes.
- While the veggies roast, in a large skillet (non-stick if you have one), heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, ginger and basil, stirring frequently for about a minute until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey to the skillet and season with salt & pepper, breaking the turkey into small pieces while stirring.
- Once turkey is browned, add 2 tsp coconut aminos and 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce to the turkey and mix to combine.
- Once veggies have roasted for 10 minutes, Remove from the oven and add the cashew to the sheet pan. Place back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Then remove from oven.
- Add the pan of roasted veggies to the turkey and stir until well combined.
- If desired, serve over rice and top with fresh basil and sesame seeds.