Sharing my extremely simple, yet delicious salsa verde chicken! This dish is a breeze and can be used for tacos, salads, enchiladas, grain bowls or however you’re craving it. This is a go-to in our house, especially during a busy week because it is easy and the left over are just a yummy!
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
- Crock Pot or Slow Cooker
- 3-4 chicken breast frozen or fresh
- 12 oz salsa verde
- 2 tsp cumin optional
- 1 tsp chili powder optional
- Place chicken breast in the slow cooker.
- Evenly cover the chicken with the salsa verde and spices–if using spices for an extra kick of flavor, you can also just use the salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, until chicken is fully cooked. Cook time may vary depending on your slow cooker.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the crock pot and place on a cutting board. Leave the salsa in the slow cooker. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Discard any fat in the process.
- Place the shredded chicken back in the slow cooker with the salsa and mix to combine.
- Place slow cooker on warm until ready to serve.