It has been a crazy last 4 weeks! You know, becoming a mom and trying to keep a tiny human alive and all 🙂 It has also been a big adjustment trying to figure out how to get in the kitchen to cook when trying to love on and take care of our new bundle of joy. But because cooking is my “me” time, and even though I now have to do it in stages (and over days sometimes), I find a way to make it happen. I’m not cooking as much as I had envisioned, but as long as I create one good meal every few days I think that’s a win!
This dish was honestly pretty simple. I prepped the meatballs while the baby took her morning nap and that made actually cooking them later so much easier. Also, a #momhack for you– Trader Joe’s has minced garlic cubes in the frozen section. So yeah, those have saved me SO much time these past few weeks because you just throw them in your dish when you need minced garlic. It’s like magic. You’re welcome 🙂
This meal is good for so many reasons!! It’s easy and can be quick, but you can also take the flavor to an entire new level by adding Zesty Z Mediterranean Za’atar spread!! It has such rich flavor and can be used in SO many ways!! For this dish, I decided to add it on top and then I mixed it throughout the dish while I was eating it. Delicious!
This recipe is refreshing, filling and full of good flavor! Take a look….
Turkey Meatballs with Pasta Salad
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp nutrition yeast
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/3 red onion diced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- salt & pepper
Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 8 oz pasta cooked according to package
- 1/2 lemon, the juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup cherry tomato quartered
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Zesty Z Mediterranean Za'atar spread
- Preheat oven to bake 400°. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all meatball ingredients and mix well. Using your hands, make ~12-14 evenly sized meatballs and place evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the top foil and broil meatballs for 5 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through– cook times may varies depending on oven. Remove from oven.
- While meatballs cook, in a large bowl combine pasta salad ingredients and stir to mix, adding salt & pepper to taste. You can also add more olive oil and/or lemon juice to your liking.
- Plate you pasta and top with cooked meatballs. For some extra flavor, you can add Zesty Z Mediterranean spread on top and serve over a bed of fresh greens!